Saturday, August 11, 2007

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N in the summertime :-)

Oh, my yes, here we are in balmy South Carolina, breathing in the salt sea air. (Well, not really, but I could if I were willing to go out into the nasty humid South Carolina heat--which I'm not). But we're here being lazy (guess who didn't get out of bed til 10:30) and just generally enjoying the whole vacation mindset.
Thursday was my very last day of daycare and even then, I left for 2 hours for a "meet-and-greet" with my principal which, delightfully, turned into an hour meeting with the teacher I'm going to be working with. I'm beginning to get a sense of what I'll be doing when school starts. And I know the names of some of my students, so now I can pray for them, individually, by name. I'm totally amazed at how my experiences all these years--4 years as a Girl Scout leader, 22 years of home daycare and all those years of childrearing--have prepared me for this job. I'm really getting excited!

And just to make this post worth looking at, here are the pictures I took the morning I left. I wanted to have something fresh to show Mom and Dad and, without thinking, I had emptied my camera the night before. So this was the best I could do for them, but it's not half bad, don't you think? :-)
So, KatieBug, email us some good pictures while I'm here so I can add them to Grandma's file.

No comments: