Thursday, August 16, 2007

Thankful Thursday



Yours, O Lord, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. I Chronicles 29:11

I am so thankful, not only to have had a wonderful time with our family in South Carolina, but to have been able to go to the beach early on Sunday morning. The guys fished and I just sat there near the water and had my quiet time. The sound of the waves and the breeze off the ocean were such powerful, yet gentle reminders of the awesome sovereignty of God.

And oh my! Thankful! Today is the first in-service day for my new job as a special ed bridging aide. I'll learn where everything is and what we're all about doing and meet some of the people I'll be working with. That old slogan "Today is the first day of the rest of your life" takes on new meaning right now. Such a BIG new beginning!

2 comments:

Kate said...

I'm so excited for you!

loni said...

You put into words exactly why I love the ocean so much. I see the majesty of our amazing Lord every time I get to go there and spend some quiet time on the beach.