Sunday, August 05, 2007

Lovin' on my boys

DH and I went over this afternoon to visit with the Bug family. When it got close to going home time, I read the kids a story. When we were done, the boys were playing right near me. I reached over and put my arms around Firecracker and started whispering in his ear, "I love you. I love you. I love you" I said it very quietly and slowly over and over. After about 15 repetitions, he grinned hugely and said, "I love you, too!" And we giggled for a minute while I kissed his neck.

Then I grabbed Bubby and started the same routine. "I love you, I love you, I love you" whispered against his check. He let it go for awhile, then he pulled away and with a pleasant look on his face but with a very serious, no-nonsense tone in his voice (like you would use on a 2 year old who had asked for ice cream one too many times), he said, "OK. That's enough."

KatieBug and I fell out, shrieking with laughter. Bubby was quite pleased to have been so funny, even though he wasn't exactly sure what he had done that was so hilarious. Somehow, though, I have a feeling that it'll be a cold day in a hot place before I get an "I love you, too" out of that boy.

4 comments:

loni said...

You are such a good Grammie! And I think that boy will really surprise you one day.

I would still like a list of your favorite GF snacks. I think I'm gonna have to keep commenting until you post about it, cause I really wanna know!

And I bet it'd help Alli too!

k said...

OK. I'll get right on it.

KatieBug said...

That boy is something,huh? :)

k said...

Oh, yeah! He's the best.