Friday, February 17, 2006

Takes My Breath Away...

For most people, that phrase calls to mind a hot shot movie. But that's nothin'. What takes my breath away is bouncing my 6 week old granddaughter up and down in my lap and watching her wonderful chubby little face crinkle into the same goofy, cross-eyed grin that I got from her mother 24 years ago. It's watching her 2 1/2 year old cousin dissolve into hysterical giggles as she pours water into her Dora bath doll's face and I make sputtering, drowning noises. Matthew telling me very earnestly that "Ayaksa" is one of the fifty, nifty United States. The little grin on Alex's face when I come into the room, followed by the huge, ear to ear smile when he realizes that his Poppy is right behind me. I love it! Mmmmmm...takes my breath away....

2 comments:

mamashine said...

Don't you wish you had more kids now, just for more grandkids? Although you've got a pretty good number for just having me and Katie. :) And they are the best kids on the planet, I will say.

k said...

I always said I wanted four grown kids, but I didn't have the energy or the funds to raise but two. However, the two I got were exceptionally fine and they married exceptionally fine men, so we did all right.