Tuesday, February 14, 2006

The Learning Curve

Our children keep us modern. They are the reason we have 2 computers, DSL, and now, my very own blog. They make sure we update, modernize, and just generally have some forward motion in the technicological march to the sea. I learned from my daughter not to type my messages with the CAP key on, because that's SCREAMING.

Last night I learned, all by myself, not to blog right before I go to bed. Not to read my daughter's "100 Things About Me" post; not to get those creative juices flowing. Because I will go to bed and lay there making my own "100 Things" list (I just assume I'm going to need to do that--that's what blogging is for, right!) So, now I know that blogging is like caffeine--just fine during the day, but not for consumption after 6:00pm if you want to get a good night's sleep

2 comments:

mamashine said...

Ha! So true. What happens around my house is that Clay is saying, "it's late, come to bed!", and I'm saying "wait, I have to finish reading this one post..."

And he says, "Do you KNOW that person? Because if you've never actually met them, don't you think you could read about them tomorrow and spend some time with ME instead?"

:) Sometimes I turn off the computer. Sometimes he gives up and goes to bed while I continue reading about people in the computer.

loni said...

I am so happy that you have joined the blogging world. I miss you and this will help! May I put a link on mine to yours?