Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Let's just run her legs off :-)

While Mama and Daddy have been partying in Vegas, we've been playing with the kids. And to keep little miss from bogging down in the pity party of "I miss my mama and daddy", we've kept her moving. Bike riding, running in the rain, an evening trip to Wendy's for a vanilla frosty. And today her GiGi came in from the farm and picked her and her cousins up for an afternoon at Planet Pizza. They were gone for over 4 hours and when she came home, the girl had--to quote me old mother--"cross marks for eyes". That is to say, really t.i.r.e.d. She asked to watch the movie I keep for her in our Tivo. I turned it on, left the room for a second and when I came back, she was stone cold unconscious on my bed. I figured, at that point, that my evening was up for grabs. This girl HATES to be waked up. So my choices looked like, wake her up before she slept too long and hope that she wouldn't cry too long and would then be willing to go back to sleep before midnight. Or let her sleep til she woke up and hope she didn't wake up at midnight ready to stay awake all night. Thankfully, her folks called early for the nightly iChat because they have dinner and a show. So I woke her up for mama and daddy and she was groggy but cooperative. Then she wanted her picture taken with her brother, so here they are. Aren't they just so fine. Hi again, Mom and Dad! See you tomorrow!



2 comments:

KatieBug said...

Those kids are so stinkin' cute!! Give them a hug for us.

loni said...

Oh how sweet! Glad to hear that she is doing so well, although in your hands, there was no doubting! :)