Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Goal No. 95--CHECK!

I didn't list my goals in order of importance and number 95 is a biggie. Life changing, as a matter of fact.

I've been doing daycare for 22 of the last 24 years of my life. I started when ksl had just turned 2. A neighborhood schoolteacher was looking for part-time care for her almost 2 year old little boy. We hooked up and that, as they say, was that. Even though there were times when I desperately wanted out, wanted just to take care of my two little girls, doing daycare was a necessary part of keeping a roof over our heads and food on the table. After they were grown, I stayed with it because it pays well and it was easy to just keep on keepin' on.

A couple of years ago, I talked to a friend who had started working at a school. She had been a stay at home mom for a decade and a half and she got a job because her husband was out of work and they needed health insurance. And it got me to thinking. If I had a school job...I could go on the spring break mission trips. I could go to the training at the county hospital and be a volunteer to rock the indigent babies in the nursery. I could have the summers off!

I filled out an online application last month. I went to the Job Fair screening interview last week. I got the call last night. They offered me a job. OH MY. I have a school job. It doesn't pay much, but I don't care. I don't need much. And the trade-off is so huge.

Now, instead of saying, "if", I'm saying, "I'm gonna!" Go on the mission trip to Colorado next spring, rock those babies and tell them Jesus loves them, help with Camp Elijah...

And, oh yeah, I'm going shopping for school clothes, too.

5 comments:

loni said...

YEA!!! and HOW FUN!!! and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

That is wonderful news, and the holiday breaks, and snow days, and not being in charge. Sounds wonderful to me. Feel sorry for the kids though but the parents have until fall to make other arrangements right>?
GEEGEE

KatieBug said...

Go you! You so rock! Are you gonna tell blogland what job you are going to be doing?

Anonymous said...

Way cool! Congrats!

Kate said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!