Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Not really lying, just really wrong...

Yeah, I thought I was going to start over back there in January when I said I was going to start over...back there in January... And oops, I didn't. It was not a deliberate effort to mislead. I just didn't follow through. (I'd be lying if I said that isn't an issue in other areas of my life!) But in the last few weeks, I've had two people who are not related to me! tell me that I need to get off my duff and post again. Well, heck yeah! That's twice as many people as I thought were reading my ramblings. I have a public! So here I am. Active again.

I'm going to dig out my now 5 month old list and see how much progress I've made. BWAHAHAHAH! Haven't looked at it since I finished it so I've even forgotten what I said I was going to do. The things I do remember, like grow a tomato and sell my house, haven't happened. Hopefully, the house selling thing will happen soon. The tomato growing thing is probably a next year thing...or the year after that. ( After all, I have 1001 days! And I'm going to reset the starting date since I've already used up 150 of my days doing diddly squat.)

On to other things...speaking of granddaughters...oh, mine are quite fine. If you haven't read about Miss Creampuff's new state of being, you need to check this out . Hilarious...and very scary :-)

And Miss G is also in a new stage of life. I walked behind her as we shopped at Target last night and saw very clearly that she is not a soft, tender, pink little girly any more. She is a preschooler with skinned knees and long, lanky bug-bit legs and scruffy hair and...um...opinions. Lots of opinions. Reminds me somewhat of Ramona Quimby (who I like very much, so the comparison is not insulting.) It's just amazing to me that a human being can go from that fresh pink baby stage to the scruffy child stage so quickly. Luke is still a fresh pink baby. I have a feeling that won't last nearly as long as we would like.

4 comments:

Kate said...

I love Ramona and I think that's a lovely comparison.

I'm glad you posted! And I'm coming to visit soon so I shall hug your neck. And kiss some of those fabulous grandbabies of yours.

mamashine said...

YAY!!! LOVE that you posted. And she is scruffy Ramona, totally. You'll have to help me make sure she doesn't bake her doll in the oven.

Anonymous said...

Yea! SuperGrammie is back!!!

loni said...

I am so very glad to see that your back! I have some posts to catch up on. :)