Tuesday, May 22, 2007

another reason I was too busy to blog...

I borrowed my husband's cell phone last night to call my brother. Mine wasn't charged up enough and his was and he's really nice about letting me use his phone whenever I need to, despite the fact that he knows for sure that I can't be trusted with it.

By the time I finished my conversation, he'd gone to sleep. So when I came to bed, he wasn't awake to say, "Could I have my phone back, please?" (And he would have been sweet enough not to add, "before you lose it like you usually do!")

So when we woke up this morning and got ready for work, he picked up his EMPTY phone holster and asked the reasonable question, "Where's my phone?" Well, no problem! I have this system down pat. I don't even waste my time looking. I just find my cell phone and call his cell phone. Sometimes I can't find either cell phone and I have to use the land line to call them both, but that wasn't necessary this morning because my phone was on the charger. (Remember? I had to borrow his because mine had no energy...)

So I called and...we can't hear it. So I call again and it goes straight to the voice mail. So I find the house phone and call again. No ring. He goes in the bedroom, I go in the kitchen so we can hear. I call again. No ring. He has to go to work. I give him my phone with promises to look all day and relay all his messages. And I pray.

I say, "Lord, you must be tired of this prayer, 'cause you've heard it so many times. But, uh, I can't find DH's phone. Please help me remember where I put it." And I keep looking. I've already looked in the freezer. I look again. I sort through the laundry that was sitting on my bed. I check the carry-all I use to schlep my stuff to the shower. And then I check the frig. In the butter compartment in the door. Where I put the phone. When I went to put the milk away and needed two hands so I stuck the phone there out of my way.

And that's why I haven't blogged in 4 months.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Is it mean that this made me laugh and laugh and laugh? I love you so much! And, I must admit that I can relate. I am forever misplacing my phone. I don't think I've put it in the butter compartment in the fridge yet, though. :)

KatieBug said...

That makes way more sense than what he told me. He said it was in the butter dish. I was thinking it was all greasy and butter filled, that is much more reasonable.

Missed you here in blogland. :)

loni said...

HA! That is so very funny! I am so happy you're back. :) Don't go missing again, okay?