Sunday, August 13, 2006

Anniversaries all around



Well, I'm late, but that's old news. But it has been said that I NEVER blog and I can't let that pass. Actually, we went on a real live, "out of town, stay in a resort, see the shows, sleep in, go shopping" kind of vacation. (At DH's suggestion and encouragement, I bought this outrageously theatrical looking garment--velvet with peacock feathers beaded onto it--ksl promptly dubbed it "the sultan's bathrobe" and said that when I come to my senses and get rid of it, she wants it for CreamPuff's dress up trunk). Anyway, we came home to "need to get ready for work but the main sewer line in the house is clogged so you can't do the mountain of laundry or wash the dirty dishes". So this has been a busy week of catch up. DH worked hard this week, too, so, apart from a very sweet two dozen roses, we haven't yet celebrated. But this year was 35. 35 years of happily ever after. Made sweeter by the fact that it was also 10 years and 5 years of happily ever after for our two sweet girls and the wonderful men they picked to marry. I love my wonderful husband. I love it that we made the two sweetest little baby girls in the whole wide world who grew up into amazing, strong, beautiful women who are living lives of purpose and passion with husbands they love and are giving us grandchildren that are delightful beyond description. We have the best lives in the world and we give the Lord all praise and glory for His incredible goodness to us. Happy (belated) anniversaries to us all! :-)

4 comments:

KatieBug said...

AAWWw, so nice. That bathrobe is a sight to behold. You should post a picture of it. Happy anniversary to you to! :)

k said...

Ask and you shall receive. Here (with your hands-on instruction) are pictures :-)

mamashine said...

Okay, I saw those pictures and really thought this was going to be a post about your dance class... that it was some native costume. But no, you just bought it because you like it. My goodness. Then I was going to be offended that CreamPuff would get it before Gillian, then I realized that by the time you are done with it and ready to get rid of it, CreamPuff will be in college and the robe will be in tatters. :) Get on with your bad self in your tasseled robe, sultan!

But I loved the rest of your post! Don't we have a nice family? Doesn't it make you happy to know you did all that? :)

k said...

Yes, by golly, I DID buy it just because I like it! :-) Actually, DH was the one who saw it and said, "I really like that. You should get it." It took me a little while for it to grow on me (no comments about THAT, please!) and so we went back and got it.

And yes, I also love the rest of my post, too. I do look around and think, "Wow! We did this!" And we are nowhere near finished. If Jesus tarries, someday I will look around the big family gathering with Matthew and Alex and their wives and Gilly and her husband and Hannah with her fiance and all the GREAT grandkids. That's really Wow.